To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I'd like to downgrade from my 1password family membership to my licensed version.

Options
ggraham
ggraham
Community Member
edited April 2020 in Memberships

I'd like to downgrade from my 1password family membership to my licensed version. The chrome extension (desktop app required version, 4.7.5.90) no longer works with my 1password account and I find the 1password x extension unsatisfactory as I cannot unlock with biometrics, use a "dark theme", and password suggestion is limited to random characters--no password recipes.

Also, I would like to go back to storing my vaults in my iCloud instead of on 1Password's servers.

I understand this may be slightly out of the scope of "membership" but I was unsure how to proceed.

Thank you,
Gordon

1Password Version: 7.4.3 (70403002)
Extension Version: 1.18.0 and 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.3 (19D76)
Sync Type: 1Password servers
Referrer: forum-search:downgrade to licensed version

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ggraham

I think the best thing to do here would be to start by troubleshooting the issues you're having with the desktop app extension. If it isn't working with your membership it is unlikely it is going to start working by downgrading, unless by coincidence. The first thing I'd recommend is uninstalling all 1Password extensions from Chrome, rebooting your computer, and then installing this extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

This version is listed as a beta, but is the exact same version we'll be publishing to the stable channel as soon as we work out a kink in the chain. If after that you're still having difficulties using 1Password in Chrome please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.