How can I transfer my personal vault to a family account under the same email?

mgomes
mgomes
Community Member
edited April 2020 in Families

Hello, I have two accounts under the same email. One is a personal account with my standard vault and all my passwords. The other account is a family account I just created using the first year free from Canva, this new account is empty. I want to:
1. transfer my personal vault to the family account.
2. delete my personal account under that same email, ending with just the Family account and all my saved items.

How can I transfer my default vault from a personal account to a family account, and then delete the personal account? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mgomes

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd be happy to help with that. The first thing would be to sign into both of these accounts, if you haven't already, in one of our native apps:

Get the 1Password apps

Once both accounts are added you can move (or copy) the items from the individual account's vaults to the family account's vaults:

Move and copy items

Finally once you have confirmed all items you want to keep exist in the family account you can delete the individual account:

How to delete your 1Password account

Please let me know if you have any difficulty with any of that. :)

Ben

• mgomes
    mgomes
    Community Member

Got it! I successfully transferred all my items to the new private vault on my family account. Thanks!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update @mgomes. Glad to hear it worked out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.