To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am an old member ( 1password ) I want to keep going . Difficulty extending membership

margoarne
margoarne
Community Member

I have been a member for a long time and I want to continue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am an old member ( 1password ) I want to keep going . Difficulty extending membership

Comments

• Hi @margoarne

Thanks for taking the time to write in and for your interest in continuing with 1Password. Could you please let me know what sort of difficulty you're having? Are you getting an error message?

Ben

• ColeDaddy
    ColeDaddy
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I jumped onto this thread not because I have an issue with the app. I have it on all my Apple devices and browsers and it's an incredible app. However, given how this pandemic has hit us, namely, in the wallet; I'm reconsidering whether I need to shell out $4/mo for the subscription since all of my usages are for personal use.
    1) If I unsubscribe, will I still have access to my content?
    2) What features will I lose/retain?

As my family and I are looking for ways to cut corners, I'm trying to justify the monthly subscription.

Please advise privately or on this forum.

• Hi @ColeDaddy

I'd be happy to speak in generalities here, and our team would be able to give more specifics by email: support@1password.com.

I'm reconsidering whether I need to shell out $4/mo for the subscription since all of my usages are for personal use.

Membership starts at $2.99/mo USD + tax when paid annually, so it sounds like there is an opportunity to save $1/mo right off the bat if you're willing to pay for a year up front. Additionally we offer gift cards, and the $125 gift card is on sale for $99 right now. So that would again be an opportunity for savings if you're able to pay up front. These opportunities stack, so you can get the benefit of both.

If your employer is a 1Password Business customer then you actually would get a 1Password Families membership free, covered by their subscription:

Link a family account to your business account

I understand those may not be feasible options right now for everyone, so again I'd encourage anyone reading who is struggling to reach out to us so we can discuss further.

1) If I unsubscribe, will I still have access to my content?

Yes. You would continue to have read-only access.

2) What features will I lose/retain?

You would not be able to add new items or edit existing ones, and you'd be unable to use the browser extensions. Further details are available here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.