To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Failed to save item error message

Options
caduceus26
caduceus26
Community Member

I'm going through my records and strengthening weak passwords and changing passwords that have been used more than once. On some entries I'm get this error when I save the updated information: "Failed to save item. You have an outdated version of the vault. Try making your changes again after refreshing the page."

Despite this error or my not refreshing the page, the entry is in fact updated. Is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 1903
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Is this something you're seeing on the web app, @caduceus26? The refresh language makes it seem that way, but technically you can refresh the view in 1Password for Windows so I figured better to check so I can get you to the right place for a good answer. :+1:

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. It is in the web-based app.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @caduceus26,

Thank you for the confirmation! If it is a web app, could you please specify the exact steps you take to change your passwords before this error appears?

I would also recommend you to use 1Password extension to change your passwords and make them stronger. Please give it a try and let us know if it is more convenient than changing your passwords manually via web app on 1Password.com. Thanks1 :+1:

++
    Greg

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg Here are the steps I go through in changing my passwords in the web app:

Using the weak or repeated password feature under Watchtower:

1. I select an entry to change using the URL in the entry to log into the site.
    2. When the site I'm logging into comes up in the browser I use the 1Password extension to fill in the user and password.
    3. Once logged into the site I go back to the 1Password web app and EDIT the entry.
    4. Using the little key symbol next to the password field password I regenerate the password, observing the password guidelines for the logged in site (length, case-sensitive, numbers, symbols, etc.)
    5. I then copy the regenerated password (Crtl-A, Ctrl-C), then using the option for changing the password on the logged in site I paste Ctrl-V) the regenerated password into the new password and verify new password fields. The website will confirm that the password has been changed on the site, at which point the 1Password extension prompts to UPDATE the existing entry.
    6. I then return to the 1Password web app and SAVE the edited record to the vault.
    7. It is at this point that the error pops up, and as I mentioned earlier, even though I get the error, the information is updated in the vault.

My apologies for the wall of words but I want to provide as much details as possible to help identify what might be causing the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@caduceus26:

First of all, sorry for the late reply! I was not able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I would like you to get some logs in the browser when this happens next, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

Once you have reproduced this issue and collected the logs, please send them to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can look at them. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• caduceus26
    caduceus26
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

No problem. I prefer to use the desktop app so that issue has not come up again. Next time it does I'll send the log and update this thread. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.