1Password putting username or password into the Company field (which should be blank)

Options

On the login page there are three fields used to log in:
Username or e-mail:
Company (with prompt "leave blank if using e-mail to login"):
Password:

1Password is auto-filling the e-mail into the company field.

I don't know how to fix this...I was thinking I could create a field for Company and leave it blank. But that doesn't seem possible.

I think 1Password is "seeing" the prompt content of the field and mistaking it for the field name, which the programmers at Faxage should have labeled as "Company"

I'd appreciate some help in solving this issue.

1Password Version: 7.5 BETA 0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1Password Vault

Comments

• @FogCityNative

I was also able to reproduce this behavior with 4.7.5.90 Chrome extension. However, 1Password X fills it properly. If this is a site that you frequent, switching to 1Password X may benefit you. 1Password X is our next generation browser extension. One caveat is that 1Password X requires a membership. I don't know if thats something you have.

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

If this doesn't help, maybe a member of our extensions team can offer a suggestion.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've taken a look at this website and it seems they are actively trying to prevent autofilling on that page by creating a random code for all three fields whenever you refresh the page.

What happens is that 1Password records the fields from the page, then the next time you reach that page the fields are different, so 1Password can't match the fields from its records, and then tries to guess as best it can by autofilling what it thinks are the correct fields.

1Password X is the best suggestion at the moment since it can still understand what that field should be.
    Here's an example of the email field I just got from the website:

3f5ff289412e1e0739e610e7fd5c94fe__autocomplete_fix_login_username

That entire first part with all of the numbers is random and changes with every refresh. Everything after the numbers is static. 1Password X can work with that static part and understand that this is the username page even though some of that field changes randomly. Hopefully these new autofilling abilities of 1Password X will reach 1Password 7 for Mac and the good old companion extension in the near future.

• FogCityNative
    FogCityNative
    Community Member
    Options

I don't use X often because as I recall I need to log in every time and it cannot use FaceID.

But that was a while ago. Maybe it is better now without impacting security? Old habits die hard I guess.

So while I have both, I tend towards the menubar display in Mac v7.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @FogCityNative,
    You can integrate 1Password X to your 1Password 7 Mac app using the beta version of both: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/#to-integrate-with-1password-for-mac

If you integrate them, 1Password X will remain unlocked for as long as the desktop app is unlocked and you will be able to unlock using Touch ID.

• FogCityNative
    FogCityNative
    Community Member
    Options

That is such good news. Thanks. I'll download the beta, Great solution...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad you brought it up :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.