Unnecessary unlock window

Options

Hello.
In my intranet application I do not use 1p for filling username/password. And I have this domain ("application.example.com") in Autosave exceptions.

New version 1p always show unlock window (if it is in locked state ...) after I successfully logged in my application. It is annoying.

Version 7.3.x was fine ... no window.

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 7, Chrome 80
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ludvik,

I am sorry for this inconvenience!

1Password 7.4 has significantly changed how it locks, which is to terminate all processes and start a new one, this means almost everything related to 1Password in memory has been reset.

This new lock/unlock behaviour is here to stay and you can learn more about these changes in this post from Kate. However, we are looking at ways to improve this experience and flow in the future.

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Ludvik
    Ludvik
    Community Member
    Options

Please, improve it. My application is one problem ... hundreds of network equipment is second and bigger problem.
    Thanks.

• As Greg mentioned, @Ludvik, this is something we're looking into, but at the moment we'd need to save that exclusion list unencrypted in order for 1Password to access it while locked – something we're not willing to do since it would leave information about accounts you have in plain text, even if they aren't in 1Password. That said, a difficult challenge has never stopped us so we'll continue to consider options we may have for future versions. :chuffed:

• Ludvik
    Ludvik
    Community Member
    Options

I understand the reasons. I'm a bit programmer. But it's really annoying. There are a lot of websites where it is nonsense to use 1p. Whether intranet applications, network devices, banks (I use a smart card with a PIN). Lots of passwords can be remembered, logging into 1p is an unnecessary extra step.
    Therefore, please change the behavior of your application. Of course I will wait. As I say, I understand the reasons.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ludvik,

If you unlock 1Password 7 or 1Password extension first, it will not prompt you to save or update the passwords on the websites in the exceptions list. Have you tried doing so? Please let us know.

++
    Greg

• Ludvik
    Ludvik
    Community Member
    Options

If is 1p unlocked, prompt for save password does not appear. Exceptions working fine.

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.