Logging into Netflix on SmartTV

greggsnet
greggsnet
Community Member

If I use the random generator in 1password for my Netflix account, Will I be prompted to enter the new password when I try to launch Netflix on my SmartTV?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @greggsnet

That is a fair question but the honest answer is I don't know. :) I don't have a smart TV that supports Netflix (I use an Apple TV instead). But in my experience what most of these apps do to handle logging in from a TV is that they give you a unique code in the app on the TV. You then visit a special page on their website using a browser you're already logged in to, and then put in that code. That authorizes the TV to connect to your account. Again I can't say for sure off hand if that is how Netflix does it, but that has been my experience with some smart TVs and some services in the past.

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2020

@greggsnet ,

If you have an iDevice, you can pair it with the AppleTV. And if you have 1Password on that iDevice, you can get your credentials from 1Password via the iDevice.

You use its Remote in the Control Center (or the Remote app), where you copy/paste values into the AppleTV's text areas when prompted. In other words, your iDevice becomes the text input area for your AppleTV. Its very nice.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Yes, "Apple Remote Keyboard" is very nice:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200107#nearby

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I agree :) Thank you both for the suggestion!

• silverfoxfoster
    silverfoxfoster
    Community Member

I have a Sony Smart TV. Have to enter the password using the keypad if it changes. Is there a way to lock a password for Netflix and Amazon Prime so 1password does not change them?

• @silverfoxfoster

1Password does not change passwords. It can generate passwords for you, which you can use as you're changing your passwords, but the software doesn't actually change any of your accounts itself.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.