Browser Plugin for Firefox Often "Misses" Accounts

Hello. I've struggled with this for some time now and it's finally reached the point where using 1Password is almost not worth the time. I really like the application; I just can't get it to work properly. Here's the issue: I have a 244 logins saved in 1Password but the browser plugin often fails to find the appropriate match when I use it. My primary browser is Firefox, which is why I included that in the title. However, the problem also applies to Chrome.

The best way I have to illustrate this is via a couple of screenshots. Attached to this post are two, as follows:

1. Application Screenshot

This shows 1Password's "Logins" section with one of my accounts selected. You'll see that there are 12 accounts with that title, all with the same URL.


2. Browser Plugin Screenshot

Here you'll see that I've gone to the URL in question and I've opened the 1Password plugin. Only one "service.sumologic.com" account is shown, though there are four other shown. The first three make sense, as they do have the same location. The last one (Zendesk) doesn't make sense to me; it has a completely different URL.


Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. At this point I have to open 1Password (the main app), find the right account, and manually copy the password in order to log into sites. This is not limited to the URL I showed in the screenshots; it happens for many other URLs, though for some (e.g. Hotmail) it works fine. I can't identify a pattern so I'm not sure why it works for some and not for others.

All of these accounts were created via the browser plugin, i.e. I logged in once and saved the account in question via the browser plugin. I did rename a few of the accounts early on but that seemed to affect whether they showed up in the browser plugin so I stopped doing that. (It would really be nice to rename them, though; I can't distinguish between them otherwise and have to end up remembering the position.) I never changed any of the locations, though.

I'm running on 64-bit Windows 7 with version 1.0.9.304. I save the password database in a Dropbox folder for backup purposes.


Thanks for any guidance.


Damon

Comments

  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

    Team Member
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Damon! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I wish you'd contacted us sooner before this became such an annoyance. We're always here to help. :)

    The first thing I'd recommend is updating to the latest version of 1Password which is 1.0.9.305.

    It looks like it isn't a matter of URL matching but rather that the items simply aren't syncing with the browser extension. If they were, and it was a URL matching issue they should still be listed below the "Fill and Submit Login" section in the "Open Login in…" section which seems to be completely absent in your case.

    Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

    1. Open Firefox.
    2. Remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Enter about:support in the address bar and press Return.
    4. Click the "Show Folder" button.
    5. Quit Firefox.
    6. In the Explorer window that opened, go up one level in the file hierarchy.
    7. Move the OnePassword.sqlite to your desktop.

    ​Then reinstall the Firefox extension from 1Password for Windows' preferences on the Browsers tab.

    Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

    If you're still having trouble, please tell me what specific version of Firefox you are running. We'll get it sorted out.

    Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.