To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have two vaults and cannot see how to make them one. My apps are very messed up

Options
cwells81
cwells81
Community Member

I have two vaults. Not sure how or if they are syncing between my iPhone or my Mac. Thought I have upgraded over a year ago and thats when I got two vaults. Please help....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have two vaults, no ios and iphone not sure how I ended up with two. Need a subscription?

Comments

• cwells81
    cwells81
    Community Member
    Options

I haver password 7

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @cwells81,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion. Indeed, you likely only need/want one vault. If you log in at https://my.1password.com do you see all of your 1Password data? If so you can delete your "Primary" vault. Instructions can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• jasonsitools
    jasonsitools
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I'm in a similar boat. I'm an old 1Password user and had my one Vault syncing with iCloud which propagated to all my Mac & iOS devices. So when I signed up for an online 1Password account when I moved to version 7, there's a migrate process that I followed. The migrate (and delete the "Primary" vault) process you link to doesn't say what to do with the syncing setting. On my Mac and IOS devices they are all logged in to my 1Password account but all of the are still syncing to the iCloud Vault so it creates weird duplicates. What do I do with my syncing setting? There is no option for "sync with 1Password account" unless that is implied. Thanks! Jason

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jasonsitools

If you follow the instructions at that link to delete the Primary vault from each device there won't be any sync settings. Only standalone vaults have sync settings. So if you don't have any standalone vaults (as it should be) then you won't have a 'sync' tab in settings. Were you able to delete the Primary vault?

Please let me know.

Ben

• jasonsitools
    jasonsitools
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Thanks for the follow up. I haven’t deleted any vaults because I didn’t know what would happen, where the devices would sync since the sync settings don’t mention that a 1Password online account Vault takes care of the syncing without explicitly saying it. Unless I missed it I’m sorry. I will now make sure my 1Password account vault has all the logins as my iCloud vault then attempt to delete the iCloud synced vault. Just to confirm, I need to delete the vault on each device, the standalone vault that is syncing to iCloud, correct?

• @jasonsitools

Just to confirm, I need to delete the vault on each device, the standalone vault that is syncing to iCloud, correct?

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.