Why no gift cards for EU?

I saw that the $125 gift card is on sale for $99, but can't be used for 1Password EU (or CA).

Are you planning to offer gift cards outside the US at all?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• arturo_aubryarturo_aubry

Team Member

Hi @Tezcatlipoca,

Welcome to the forum, I'm Arturo and will be happy to answer your questions!

The vast majority of 1Password users (not only in the US) have signed up via 1Password.com, so Gift Cards aren't for US customers only. We currently don't have any plans for supporting Gift Cards in our 1Password.eu or 1Password.ca regions, but I'll make sure to pass your request to our development team. I hope I had better news and really thank you for taking the time of contacting us.

If you need anything else, let us know!

• It would be very interesting to know, why you don't have plans for supporting gift cards in .eu and .ca.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@mscx:

Please see my colleague Arturo's answer above yours :+1:

• @ag_ana: Oh, I saw it, but didn't find any answer to my question :-)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@mscx:

Here is the relevant section from Arturo's post for your convenience:

The vast majority of 1Password users (not only in the US) have signed up via 1Password.com, so Gift Cards aren't for US customers only.

This should answer your question as to why we currently don't have gift cards for .eu and .ca accounts. But, again as Arturo said, we have passed the feedback to the developers for consideration ;)

I hope this helps clarify things!

• @ag_ana: The developers should also consider that perhaps users of 1Password.eu or 1Password.ca may feel like second-class customers (but, hey, are only very few...) :-(

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, @mscx. We'd be happy to help you move over to 1Password.com if you'd prefer. Please reach out to our team at [email protected] for assistance with that.

Ben

• edited April 17

I already said my disappointment in another thread about this situation so I won’t repeat it again, but since this new thread allow me to add something, I still have no technical explanation about why it’s not implemented... If it’s an incitation for your customers to choose .com over .eu or .ca (Because more people of the 1password team are able to help, without RGPD limitations if needed), I honestly think you should say it, it would be easier to understand that the statement about “the majorty of users....”. With this logic, as a majority of your users are on Mac (I think), you could also say that you want to ditch the windows version of the app... I’m sorry if I seem angry but in this situation I really have the feeling that this is more a commercial decision than a technical one, and if that’s the case, I really would prefer to know about it... After all, you (the team) said repeatedly that the three web platforms have the same features, so we should be able to buy a gift card code should we want to, the option to insert it is already there !

Finally, about the transfer of our data to another server. For me it will really be an option when we are able to export/import all the structure of our 1password account at once. This is important if we have several vaults and or linked documents to avoid losing time, nerves and energy...

Thanks for reading

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks @tetardbleu. I'm sorry I don't know of a more specific answer (i.e. technical vs business).

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file