Add app address to existing login

verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member

I have several iOS apps whose app addresses (for logins) do not match their website addresses. For these apps, to login I access 1Password from the iOS Share Sheet, but because the login address does not match the website I have in the login, no match appears. In these instances I search for the login and can fill from there. (Example: The website amctheatres.com uses amc.film for the app.)

Is there a way to add the app address to an existing login? To a user, the app address is not evident, so it is difficult to add them manually. I know I can create a new login via the Share Sheet to discover the address, but is there an easy way to add the app address to an existing login?

1Password Version: 7.4.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @verdi1987

The easiest way I'm aware of is, as you say, by creating a new login within the extension. This gives you the address. Then you'd have to add that address to the record. We don't currently have a mechanism for updating existing records in the extension the way we do on Mac. Even on Mac, the update function wouldn't add a different domain to an item.

I'm sorry there isn't an easier way at the moment.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.