Categories in 1Password for Families

mp_wright
mp_wright
Community Member

Why can't my family get the same categories I've always had (e.g., Identities, Passwords, SSN's, DL's, Membership Programs, Software Licenses, Wireless Routers, etc). All my categories files and associated data from my 6X version transferred over successfully. However, my family members only have Logins, Secure Notes, and Credit Cards. Can they create these same (additional) categories that I have?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4 (19E266)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mp_wright!

1Password only shows you categories with at least one item. If you family members do not see the additional categories, it means that they have not created any items there. As soon as they do so, those categories will appear for them too.

• mp_wright
    mp_wright
    Community Member

Thanks Ana, make sense. But regarding the second half of your response -- how do they create an item without the other category template? SSN template is different than a login template; DL template is different than SSN template; and Wireless Router template information is different than DL template, etc. Example, how do they enter their wireless router info in the existing Login template or Credit Card template they get OOB?

• If they click the "+" button in the apps they'll be able to add items from any of the available categories. For example, in this screenshot for 1Password for iOS, I've only got items in a few of the categories, but by clicking on the plus button I can see all of them:

Does that help? Please let us know. :)

Ben

• mp_wright
    mp_wright
    Community Member

Yes it does. Between your last recommendation and Ana's previously, I worked it out, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mp_wright! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.