URL scheme for 1Password mini?

godbout
godbout
Community Member

hello there. i wanna build a better integration between 1Password and the Alfred app launcher that would require to send a search result to the 1Password min window rather than 1Password itself. can't find any information on that. is this possible, or planned? thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @godbout

onepassword://search would be the closest thing. We don't have a scheme for mini specifically, sorry.

Ben

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

hi @Ben! thanks for the quick answer.

yeah i'm aware of that URL scheme, but that's not the one i'm looking for. the problem i'm having is that Alfred is opening the chosen item in a 1Password window that doesn't allow to copy data without going into edit mode (see https://evernote.com/l/ANT0Tc7iDKNOPK-JvkSREgqtJRM53qfIpC4B/image.png) . it's painful. so i want to build my own Alfred Workflow, and open the item in the 1Password mini, which looks beautiful and allow to copy item. that would make things as smooth as a clod of butter!

• @godbout

If you hover over the fields in that screenshot does a copy option not appear? Are you able to drag & drop from the fields into forms? Have you spoken with the folks over at Alfred about this?

We don't currently have anything like what you're describing as far as I can tell, beyond what Alfred is already providing, but you could potentially build a front-end for the 1Password CLI (op):

1Password command-line tool: Getting started

Ben

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

you can hover yes. i'm talking about copying with a keyboard shortcut. trying not to move away from the keyboard :))

yes, been talking to the Alfred people. mainly to get a fuzzy search type for 1Password. but the window shown in the screenshot is from 1Password. not sure how or why the keyboard shortcut are are not available..

ok, thanks for the cli doc. i'll have a look.

• Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the context. I used to be quite the keyboard warrior and am trying to get back to that workflow due to some RSI, so I can relate. I'll do some brainstorming with development to see if there is anything we can do to expose keyboard shortcuts through that view on our end.

Ben

• In speaking with development it was pointed out that there is actually a URL scheme for mini:

onepassword://extension/search/

I'm not sure if that accomplishes the end goal for you or not, but it does better address the question of if there is a separate URL scheme for the extension. Please let me know if that helps.

Ben

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

oh yes, thanks Ben. might give it a try. i've switched to a key combo to do things directly from the 1Password mini for now :)) will check later if i create a workflow or not, but that will help. thanks again!

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.