A few nice features

Options

Hi!

So, I've moved to 1pass from RememBear recently, and while 1Password has more features and customizations I miss some features from RemeBear and I think that those would be really nice QoL if implemented in 1Pasword as well. Most of those are suggestions for browser extension.

1. Unlock browser extension with fingerprint:
    Extension fingerprint unlock

Unlocking with a fingerprint is really convenient, especially when the user have a long master password.

1. Standalone password generator
    pass generator

Sometimes I want to generate a random password outside the login form, and this addition would be really convenient. Besides that, customizing how the password is going to look like this:
pass generator
is just another possible cool feature.

Adding this to a desktop client would be nice too

1. Dark theme - This is self-explanatory, and would also be really cool.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Puritanicdev

Thanks for the suggestions. Touch ID support via Desktop App Integration for 1Password for Mac is already in the works. You can try it out using the instructions here:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Dark theme - This is self-explanatory, and would also be really cool.

I'm a huge dark theme fan, and so I'd very much like to see this as well. All in good time, I hope.

Sometimes I want to generate a random password outside the login form, and this addition would be really convenient. Besides that, customizing how the password is going to look like this:

We're likely moving away from specifying the number of digits and symbols to include, as this actually decreases randomness (a bad thing when it comes to generated passwords). But we are definitely looking at how to make the password generator more accessible and valuable going forward.

Thanks!

Ben

• Puritanicdev
    Puritanicdev
    Community Member
    Options

That's good news, thank you @Ben

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.