1Password4 for iOS Awesomesauce Primer

KellyG
KellyG
Community Member
edited December 2012 in iOS
Here's a note I was asked to pass on by our shiny new application. Enjoy! :)

Hi, I’m 1Password 4 for iOS. I’ve been waiting what feels like forever to finally meet you! I’ve had quite a bit of work done over the last year, so let me share some of the highlights with you:
  • 110% redesign interface - I’m a whole new app for your iPhone/iPod touch, and iPad/iPad mini. Like new Coke, but in a good way!
  • New Favorites section - You asked for quick access to your most used stuff, you got it!
  • All-New Web Mode - A full browser with tabbed browsing on iPhone and iPad, a URL bar—the works!
  • All-New Form Filling - Just like the Mac and PC versions, you now have Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards just a tap away in the all-new Web Mode
  • All-New Vault Mode - A redesigned place to organize your items by Categories, Favorites, folders, and search it all
  • Global Search - Find all the things! Search your entire Vault, Favorites, or a specific Category
  • At long last, iCloud support - 1Password sync: Not just for Dropbox anymore!
  • Folders - All the joy of folder organization from the desktop on your mobile device
  • Brand new Customizable items - Let each item be the unique snowflake that it was created to be.
  • Introducing Linked accounts - Multiple URLs can be associated with a single Login.
  • Action Bar — Swipe across an item to easily Smart Copy, Favorite, Open in Browser, or Delete.
  • Attachments on iOS - Viewable on iOS, just like on the desktop!
  • Auto-Copy for passwords created with the Strong Password Generator (tap the "show password recipe" when using the SPG)
  • Supports 12 languages - EN, FR, ES, IT, DE, RU, KO, JP, PT, CN-s, CN-t, NL, NO

Now, that’s the big new stuff. If you're an existing user, we've also added some great little touches and a first-run tutorial for new users. Here's a brief list of some of those goodies:
  • Demo Mode - Want to show off 1Password to a friend or post a screenshot, but don’t want to share your Vault with the world? Enable Demo Mode in Settings, lock 1Password, then type “demo” as your Master Password to make 1Password 4 for iOS load up a bunch of sample data instead of your personal Vault.
  • Completely revamped setup process for brand new users. It’s much easier to get started with 1Password now.
  • PC-less sync setup - We now use iCloud and Dropbox’s official API to get you setup with sync. You no longer need a Mac or PC to setup sync for your iPhone and iPad.
  • Better backups - Not only faster, but now it is a part of iTunes File Sharing feature in Settings > Sync.
  • Strong Password Generator is now included in all of your password fields—secure passwords everywhere.
  • Auto-Copy for passwords created with the Strong Password Generator (on by default, but tap the "show password recipe" when using the SPG to see it and other options)
  • Clear Clipboard - New in Settings, enabled by default, this option lets you clear your iOS clipboard at intervals of 30 seconds to five minutes. Great for preventing apps or websites from grabbing your passwords or other sensitive data.
This discussion has been closed.