RIch icons not working on Mac Desktop 7.4.3 or in chrome extension. Functioning on iOS device.

rtherecd
rtherecd
Community Member

I am evaluating a switch from dashlane, but can't get rich icons to work.

I have "show rich icons" checked and tried to turn it on and off.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rtherecd

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this question. There are a couple things here to check:

1. Please make sure that 1Password's connection to download Rich Icons is not being blocked, e.g. by LittleSnitch, HandsOff, or other firewall. If you are using a VPN or proxy that isn't required for connecting to the internet then disconnecting from that may help.
    2. Check that your items have website fields that are filled in with the appropriate URL to the website for each item. For example, an item for 1Password would have to have https://1password.com in a website field in order for the appropriate Rich Icon to be downloaded

Please let me know what you find. :)

Ben

• rtherecd
    rtherecd
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. I don't think I have a firewall preventing anything, but it is a work computer so perhaps that is the issue?

As relates to the issue with the website formatting, I tried fixing one and still have the issue in the desktop app.

It is worth noting that all the rich icons appear in the web browser version and on the mobile app. For example, in the web browser version, I have the address airbnb.com and the logo displays.

Icons do not appear in the web browser extension (Chrome).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rtherecd:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the icons at this point?

This discussion has been closed.