Changed master password on iMac. Now getting authentication errors trying to use it.

Options
timbinaz
timbinaz
Community Member

Logged into 1Password account (on iMac using Safari) with secret key and master password. Changed master password. Got email message saying it was changed. Locked 1Password on iMac to try new master password. Now get authentication error. Not sure If I'm remembering the the new master password exactly or not. 1Password is open on the iMac (maybe because I locked instead of quitting) and I can open it on my iPhone using FaceID. Trying to decide if I need to start viewing and copying down all my passwords so I can recreate them in a new vault or can this authentication error be straightened out?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 7.4.3
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Login trouble after changing master password on mac

Comments

• timbinaz
    timbinaz
    Community Member
    Options

Update: 1Password finally locked on the iMac. I was able to unlock it using my previous master password. I then get a pop-up which says "Tim_B Authentication Error". I cannot get authentication to complete using either the previous password or the new one (though I'm concerned I may not remember the new one correctly). I finally click the Not Now button to exit the authentication step. 1Password is unlocked on the iMac and I can use it. Same thing happens on my iPad -- I can unlock with my fingerprint, but then it complains about authentication.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timbinaz!

We will be happy to help you with this. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how your 1Password app is configured.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• timbinaz
    timbinaz
    Community Member
    Options

Emailed diagnostics file to support@1password.com as requested. I included the Forum topic in the body of the email. Will your system send an automated response to the email with a ticket number? Sent email about 25 minutes ago; no response received.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @timbinaz

If you sent the email to support+forum@agilebits.com it would have, but not immediately / automatically for support@1password.com. With the latter the message has to be triaged and sorted before BitBot will send out a reply. Not to worry, I see we've received your message, and will be sorting it soon.

Thanks!

Ben

• timbinaz
    timbinaz
    Community Member
    Options

Automated response received after about an hour. Ticket #HWD-73236-343.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020
    Options

Thanks @timbinaz :)

Ben

ref: HWD-73236-343

This discussion has been closed.