Mac App does not sync after new item added

Options
lewengo
lewengo
Community Member

I use the latest versions of 1passwordx on chrome and app on Mac. And the latest view of mac os.
Everytime after I add a new item in 1passwordx, I want to find it in Mac app. But it is not sync to the Mac app. Maybe restar computer should work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lewengo! Welcome to the forum!

Does the opposite work? If you add an item to the Mac app, do you see it in 1Password X?

• lewengo
    lewengo
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it works.

• lewengo
    lewengo
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Yes it works.

• Ben
    Options

@lewengo

That would suggest that 1Password for Mac may have a vault called 'Primary' on it. If you open 1Password > Preferences > Vaults do you see a vault named 'Primary' there? The Primary vault is incompatible with 1Password membership (and thus 1Password X). Any items you'd like to keep that are in it, and not already in other vaults, should be moved to membership based vaults and then the Primary vault should be deleted:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• lewengo
    lewengo
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben There is no vault called 'Primary'.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, in that case the next logical step would be to see if the 1Password notifier is able to connect. If you lock and then unlock 1Password for Mac does the item added from 1Password X appear? If not, that would suggest the 1Password notifier is unable to communicate with 1Password.com, likely due to some sort of network configuration or firewall issue. Please let me know if locking and unlocking causes items to appear as expected.

Ben

• lewengo
    lewengo
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben The 1Password will never be locked until I restart Mac.
    I changed the default sets. Maybe it's the reason?

• lewengo
    lewengo
    Community Member
    Options

Lock and unlock is too inconvenient for me. I just installed 1Password on my personl computer.

• Ben
    Options

@lewengo

Locking and unlocking is a troubleshooting step to see if the notifier is connecting properly. I'm not suggesting that you'd need to lock and unlock every time you make a change going forward. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.