Feature Request: Adding a comment to a 1Password record field (like e.g. in microsoft excel cells).

Options
abachem
abachem
Community Member

1password is an excellent tool for organizing personal data. The more I use it for that purpose the more I need to document the excact meanings of my added (user) fields in a record entry. What I miss is a feature to explain better what kind of information the user should enter. A feature (for every entry) like e.g. microsoft excell has it when adding a comment to a cell would be perfect. Thanks for your support and good work.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Feature requests

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abachem!

Thank you for the kind words! Just so I can understand your suggestion better: are you suggesting to have something in addition to the field label? When you create a custom section or custom field, you can type the label name to describe the new field. Is that not sufficient?

• abachem
    abachem
    Community Member
    Options

yes, the field label is just to short to give a definition for a more complex field entry and if it would be to lengthy it would also destroy the clarity of the 1password window. Think e.g. for a 1password entry which documents your bank account data and look at a field in this record which contains your activation data for a photo TAN of one of your devices. You may wish to include in this entry a comment what to do if you change this device.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@abachem:

Thank you for the clarification. Have you considered using the notes field at the bottom of the item for this?

• abachem
    abachem
    Community Member
    Options

yes, I use the note field for the whole record very often and it is useful for all documentations of the record, but like in excel one note field as a replacement for all comments of every single cell seems not to be adequate. I use several tresors and some of my tresors have up to 600 records.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @abachem, thank you for the feedback about this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.