Can login in the Chrome extension, but not in Windows app or Firefox extension???

Hello, I wanted to login in my Windows app but seems like my master password was not accepted. Same story in the Mozilla Firefox browser extension. Luckily I managed to login in the Chrome extension, where I changed the master password. But even in with this new password I'm unable to login in my Windows app or in the Mozilla Firefox browser extension. How is this possible and is there a workaround to login in Windows app again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

In the meantime I managed to login on my Iphone app (after un- and reinstalling the app) and managed to login to the website, but still can't login in the Windows app...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jean_Lhoest!

Did you download and configure the 1Password for Windows app in the past, before you created an account on our website? It sounds like you might have an old local vault on this 1Password app, with a different Master Password you chose time ago.

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Of that would be the case, what should I do? I already deleted app and reinstalled it but that did not solve the problem...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jean_Lhoest:

You would have to start over with an empty app, so you can add your new account credentials. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not remove your 1Password data, to avoid data loss.

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Before I proceed, can I export my logins from Chrome (https://my.1password.com/) or from my Iphone app? These are the only 2 applications where I still can login. Or is export only possible from the Windows app?

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Ok, it worked. All is fine now, thx!

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Sorry, it does not work. I encounter exactly the same issue as before. I followed the start over procedure (https://support.1password.com/starting-over/) and was able to login again into the Windows app. But I left it 30 minutes aside and wanted to login again... which did not work, exactly the same problem as before. Also login to the Chrome and Firefox extensions does not work anymore. I am only able to login into my account however (https://my.1password.com).
    To me it seems like 1Password (X?) just doesn't work properly...

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

The app on Iphone also keeps on working as it should. Problem is with the Windows app and browser extensions...

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Because in this case I knew my previous password, I was able to login the Windows app with the old password. I got in, but few seconds later a red bar below appeared telling there was a problem with the master password. A popup came with all login data (url, secret key and master password). The master password field was empty, I filled in the new password and now it works again...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jean_Lhoest:

Do you see a vault named Primary inside your 1Password for Windows app, even after starting over?

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Not now. Should i do the procedure "start over" again to check if it's the case right after first login?

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Re-started, did not see a vault "Primary" neither...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jean_Lhoest:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Jean_Lhoest
    Jean_Lhoest
    Community Member

Thanks for the follow-up, support ID: [#MGV-71793-444]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Jean_Lhoest! We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: MGV-71793-444

This discussion has been closed.