Sort by Title Inconsistent Across Devices

Options
benrichards
benrichards
Community Member

I have 1Password for Mac and iPhone and they work great. The only problem is the "Sort by Title" is inconsistent across the different devices. On the Mac, the first items in the sort by title list start with 'A' and end with '#' whereas the iPhone "Sort by Title" start with '#' and ends with 'Z'

This display order really should be consistent across devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sort by title

Comments

• @benrichards

On the iPhone touch sort by (blue) select the desired order. On the Mac below the search bar, select the search options and change to fit you desired order. Both devices can be set Alphabetically or Alphabetically Reversed.

I think that will fix you up. :) Let us know if you're seeing otherwise.

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this problem. In Firefox, the sort order is symbol -> number -> alphabet, while on Safari on the same computer it's alphabet first.

Setting aside the fact that I can't find any way to change the sort order in the browser extensions, reverse alphabetical won't help. I have a lot of credit cards saved in 1Password. I named my preferred card ". CreditUnion" so it would sort to the top of the list in Firefox. Unfortunately, that means it sorts to the bottom of the list in Safari.

Changing the sort order to reverse alphabetical doesn't solve the problem, because it would reverse the alphabet for all the cards. This is Firefox, in the desired sort order:

. CreditUnion
    Bank1
    Bank2
    Credit union2
    Credit union3
    Debit card

This is Safari, sorting symbols to the bottom:

Bank1
    Bank2
    Credit union2
    Credit union3
    Debit card
    . CreditUnion

And this is Safari if you reverse the sort order:

. Credit Union
    Debit card
    Credit union3
    Credit union2
    Bank2
    Bank1

Why can't we just have consistent sorting across all platforms?

• Ben
    Options

Why can't we just have consistent sorting across all platforms?

That is certainly a reasonable goal for the future. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.