To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Jailed online (cannot have data locally and sync, where are backups ?)

kliclick
kliclick
Community Member

Hi, I'm evaluating 1Password (using SplashID now). Found it nice but one thing worries me a lot : I'm jailed online! If you have attachments there's no way to export them (neither custom icons). If you want to replicate your online database locally it's not possible. If copy your records to a local vault the records with attachments and/or customs icons are not copied ! A message indicates that the attachments and customs icons are not copied, but in fact even the "normal" fields are not copied. The whole record is not copied.
I think the customer who wants a local copy and a online database should be able to do it. I'm not confident in having my data in just only one place. Even the backups are online. I wish to have some control in my data, and have it locally too. Maybe the best thing to do is to make possible a sync between the online data and a local vault. But a real sync, not partial without customs icons, attachments, etc. And all records. An exact copy of the online database, in fact. You have to trust entirely in Agilebits, but accidents can occur...
And looking for the backups : where are the backups of the online vaults ? I didn't found them. For example if I want to restore the whole database as it was 2 days before (just an example).

Comments

• Hi @kliclick

1Password automatically caches your data for offline access on each of your devices. You can test this by disconnecting your device from the internet and then unlocking 1Password. Any changes you make while offline will be synced when you re-connect. This applies whether you are offline, or if we are offline (e.g. for scheduled maintenance, etc).

Actual backups are online only at the moment, so it would not be possible to roll back to previous versions of items while offline. That may be something we can support in the future, but I can't make any promises, and as such I'd recommend making any decisions you need to make based on what is currently available.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• kliclick
    kliclick
    Community Member

Is the cache the SQL Database ? In such a case I can make my own backups of the database.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kliclick:

That's correct :+1:

This discussion has been closed.