1Password account frozen

LRLundeen
LRLundeen
Community Member

I'm wondering why I get this message when I attempt to use 1Password in Safari. I have a standalone version, not a subscription.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @LRLundeen

Do you have a license for 1Password v7 for Mac? If so, has it been applied to the 1Password app by double clicking on the license file? Also, are you signed into any 1Password accounts in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts? Accounts are a subscription service, and after the trial period ends require a subscription to unfreeze.

Please let me know what you find. Thanks!

Ben

• LRLundeen
    LRLundeen
    Community Member

I think the problem is that I upgraded to the current version via the App Store, not 1Password. You told me in an earlier response to install the version from 1Password, which I did, but it still behaves as though I have the App Store version. under Accounts, I do see an account with my name.

• 1Password from the App Store is subscription only, as are accounts. If you ended up downloading from the App Store that would require an account, which would require a subscription. If you have a license for v7, and that is how you want to proceed, you'd need the version from our website:

Best Password Manager for macOS & Safari

You'd also have to discontinue using the account:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.