my autolock is set for 90. it doesn't alway wait for 90. i have tried 120 as well and doesn't always

Options

my autolock is set for 90. it doesn't alway wait for 90. i have tried 120 as well and doesn't always wait 120 before autolocking. this is supposed to be a convenience but is sometimes annoying. please advise and thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autolock

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @mmolnau,

Thanks for writing in.

It doesn't always wait for what? Are you saying it is autolocking before the timer?

Note that it does not start the timer until you stop using your keyboard/mouse completely (including any software you're using that could be moving the mouse around to prevent sleeping).

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

i am saying that my timer is set to 90 and more times than not it autolocks and I have to sign in again anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. I keep my chrome browser open at all times and will open a new tab within the chrome browser OR i will be logged off of something like wells fargo, etc. and then when i relog on to wells fargo the 1password will ask me to log into 1password again before giving me the creditials for the bank.

• MikeT
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @mmolnau,

There's no 90 minute option for autolock;

Also, just in case; are you using 1Password 7.4.763 for Windows or could it possibly be you're using a separate product, 1Password X, that's a self-contained browser extension within Chrome? The latest 1Password X version is 1.18.1 and its auto-lock timer only works as long as you never close the browser session. Closing the last tab will always close the 1Password X extension, thus it'll lock it automatically.

You can switch to the regular 1Password extension which works with the 1Password for Windows desktop app and doesn't auto-lock because you close the web browser.

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

not sure if screenshot worked here but i am able to choose any number of minutes as it's a drop down menu on my chrome website login to 1password. what you showed above it not what I see on my computer.

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

also, how am i able to determine what version of 1password i have installed on my computer?

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7.4.763 for Windows is what is on my desktop computer. i just opened the app from my app list

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mmolnau,

That screenshot is for the 1Password web site only, it is not connected to any 1Password products that you may have installed on your PC.

Right-click the 1Password icon you see in your web browser's toolbar and select Manage extensions. You should see the version listed for your 1Password extension in your browser.

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

Version

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

i provided my version but still don't understand how to use the extension vs the app within the program. the chrome extension is what i use to fill in the passwords and would hate to remove that to manually do it

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmolnau,

Could you please open and unlock 1Password 7 on your PC (a standalone app, not the extension in the browser) and go to 1Password > Settings > Security > Auto-lock? What do you have set there?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

good morning. this is set for 10 minutes. i can update this of course. i am confused over this setting vs the chrome extension setting and how they work together? bottom line is i do all my web browsing and log ins via chrome and the extension makes it easiest but if i should remove that extension and do it another way i am happy to unless there are multiple steps involved. the chrome extension is simple and straightforward. please advise and thank you!

• There isn't a specific setting for your Chrome extension, @mmolnau. The autolock timer for your version of the extension and the desktop app is shared. So long as you adjust your autolock setting in the desktop app, the Chrome extension should follow suit and you won't need to make any other changes. :+1:

• mmolnau
    mmolnau
    Community Member
    Options

thank you

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.