Options
2Ridiculous
2Ridiculous
Community Member
edited April 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

System: Mojave 10.14.6
1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) from 1Password store
Safari Version 13.0.5 (14608.5.12)

Problem: When I navigate (via the browser bookmark or 1Password) to the login page, the login portion of the website opens as expected. I unlock 1Password if necessary, and click on the USAA user/password which has recognized the website and offered up the username/ password. I click on it and it autofills the correct user name but not the correct password and the site returns a login error "username/password is incorrect according to our information on file" The first time this occurred, I changed the password. I was subsequently locked out trying copy/paste editing functions both by keyboard shortcuts and from the file menu, and had to reset the password several times. In other words, 1Password has saved the correct password which works if manually typed into the login box, but not with autofill or copy/paste.

The first time I did this, 1Password displayed a dialog window asking if I wanted to update the existing file, which I opted for. When this happened, it clipped the last six (or eight?) digits from the saved 20 character password. I was able to recover the rest from the password history. I thought that this might be a MacOS problem or a Safari problem, so I did a shutdown and restart to no effect.

This problem does not appear to be present on all login items.

This pain was not foretold by the prophesies. Please advise, or I shall turn this car around and we WON'T be going to the beach.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:autofill not working correctly

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @2Ridiculous

It appears USAA only allows passwords to be a maximum of 12 characters in length, which is less than ideal, but also certainly won't work if the password you have saved in 1Password is 20 characters long. :) You'd have to shorten the password to a maximum of 12 characters (*shudder*, I know). USAA doesn't allow more than 12 characters to be typed, but it doesn't stop 1Password from filling all 20 characters, which is likely why this works when you type the password but not when you fill it.

Ben

• 2Ridiculous
    2Ridiculous
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings.
    My previous password also comprised of 20 characters with the same recipe of symbols, numbers and letters. Autofill function worked fine for months until four or five days ago, so I remain in my customary baffled state.
    Perhaps a new, terrifying special character In the new password spoiled its self-esteem?

A mystery for the ages.

• Indeed it may be a mystery for the ages. Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

This discussion has been closed.