Syncing 1Password 7 for iOS with 1Password 6 for Mac

Options

Comments

• jay_gee74
    jay_gee74
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar question about syncing between different IOS devices and Mac OS. I have 1P for MAC v6.8.8 and 1P v7.x on iPhone and want to install v7.x on iPad. Currently I sync my iPhone vaults via WiFi to the MAC. Can I do the same and sync iPad the same way to Mac? I would expect that to avoid conflicts I would have to have a different vault name on iPad than iPhone so the MAC has all of them. Would this work? Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jay_gee74

I'd be happy to help with that.

Can I do the same and sync iPad the same way to Mac?

You can, yes, though the WLAN Server is our least recommended option for syncing 1Password data. Additionally 1Password 6 for Mac has been retired and is no longer being updated. I would strongly recommend considering an upgrade to 1Password membership, which will get you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices, and also provide a secure 1st party sync between them:

About 1Password membership

Membership is the way forward.

I would expect that to avoid conflicts I would have to have a different vault name on iPad than iPhone so the MAC has all of them. Would this work?

The vault names would need to be the same on all 3 devices for this to work.

Ben

• jay_gee74
    jay_gee74
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben, will look into that.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.