When I use the Chrome extension why is my Primary vault not visible.

FGH11
FGH11
Community Member

I usually access 1P from the app on my Mac and all vaults are synced across devices. However when I use the extension on Chrome, and also when I look at my account on the 1P website, the Primary vault is not visible. That means that the extension is useless for most of my logins.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:When I use the Chrome extension why is my Primary vault not visible.

Comments

• Hi @FGH11

1Password X is compatible with membership based vaults only. Is it intentional that you are storing your data in Primary, which is not part of your membership? In most cases we recommend deleting the Primary vault after signing up. Please let me know.

Ben

• Isaack
    Isaack
    Community Member

I think I'm experiencing the same challenge.

So to understand correctly, 1PasswordX is just the browser extension?

Bit what is a membership based vault? I just tried browsing my vaults and they look the same to me.

• Hi @Isaack

1Password X is a browser extension, yes. It is one way to access data in your 1Password membeship through your supported web browser. 'Membeship vauts' are vaults that are synced by 1Password, rather than a 3rd party (or not at all). If you see the vault when you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ then it is a membership vault. Primary is not a membeship vault, and as mentioned above should have the data moved out of it and then be deleted. :)

Ben

• Isaack
    Isaack
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I just checked my dashboard and all my vaults are there. So I assume, none of them are "Primaries".
    But still, the extension don't see all passwords.

• @Isaack

"Primary" won't ever show up on 1Password.com. It only will exist in the apps. Please check 1Password for Mac, rather than 1Password.com. In 1Password for Mac you can look in the vault switcher at the top left corner of the app, or in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.