Multiple password fields

mhumphreys01
mhumphreys01
Community Member
edited April 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi - I'm trying to get 1Password to autocomplete three passwords on site https://www.webcare2.com/paycheckmte

The initial page is for a single username and password, I have this saved as 1 entry and it works fine. This then takes you through to a second page (which you won't be able to access without a valid user/password) which asks for three pieces of security data - cat/mother's maiden name/first address etc etc. This page is a fairly simple html webform - which I've inserted the relevant snippet from.

Can you advise how I'd get 1Password to fill in all three boxes? I am guessing the issue is all three fields have the same name (j_answers)?

================================

Security Questions

<p>Please answer the security questions and click 'Continue' to proceed</p>

<p>
                    <label for="0"><b>Question:</b> Question1</label>
                </p>
                <p>
                    <input type="password" class="inputtype_password" id="0" name="j_answers" autocomplete="off">
                </p>

<p>
                    <label for="1"><b>Question:</b>Question2</label>
                </p>
                <p>
                    <input type="password" class="inputtype_password" id="1" name="j_answers" autocomplete="off">
                </p>

<p>
                    <label for="2"><b>Question:</b>Question3</label>
                </p>
                <p>
                    <input type="password" class="inputtype_password" id="2" name="j_answers" autocomplete="off">
                </p>

<input type="submit" class="inputtype_submit" title="Continue" value="Continue" alt="Contine">
        </form>
        <form id="cancel" action="j_spring_security_logout">
            <input type="submit" class="inputtype_submit" title="Cancel" value="Cancel" alt="Cancel">
        </form>
        <p class="p_clear">Please take care when entering the answers. Security answers are case sensitive.</p>
        <a href="request_password_reset.html">Forgotten your security answers?</a>
        <p>This will automatically reset your password as well as your security questions and answers.</p>
    </div>
</div>

(edited to anonymise the questions listed.)

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: https://my.1password.com/

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

Hey @mhumphreys01,

There are a couple of issues with the code you provided here. The first one is indeed the fact that all fields have the exact same name. That is a big coding no-no :angry:
    The second issue is that all fields are password type fields, although this could have been manually edited into the login item in 1Password if the fields had different names.

You can try working with the fields' ID numbers but I don't think it will work. Worth a try though:
    1. Open the 1Password 7 desktop app and find the login for this website.
    2. Click on "Edit", select one of the empty labels in the center and call it "0" (since the name of the ID in the first field).
    3. Input your answer in the field below the label, then change the field's type from "Text" to "Password" by clicking the three dots icon next to it.
    4. Click on "Save" and close 1Password, then try to autofill on that security questions page. If the first security question was autofilled properly, you can add two more custom fields named "1" and "2", and write your answers in them, then changing them to password fields.

• mhumphreys01
    mhumphreys01
    Community Member

Thanks Yaron! I've tried that but doesn't seem to work. I'll email the webmaster and suggest they work on their code!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @mhumphreys01 .
    The solution here would be to add the answer fields names as custom fields in the login, should the website developers change the fields names to different names.
    You can do that right now with one of the fields and see if that works by adding "j_answers" as a custom password field. It might fill in the first answer and it might fill in all three of them with the same answer, but at least you'll get the hang of what you should do in case they do change the names.

This discussion has been closed.