To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot sign in on 1password.com

zensummer
zensummer
Community Member

I have a 1password families account. Currently I have me, my wife and my parents on the account. I also have myself as a separate guest account to use 1password at work.

I am trying to tidy up the accounts and found that I couldn't sign in to 1password.com with my guest account credentials, the account name, master password and secret key. I double and triple checked that each were correct, I have the emergency kit printed out and checked that. Being impatient, I decided to sign in as the family organizer (myself), and initiate a recovery for that guest user account. That worked just as it is supposed to, created a new Secret Key and I'm able to sign on with the new Secret key and master password.

Then I tried to sign on with my wife's username and it is telling me the same thing. "Can’t sign in. The email address and Secret Key are not correct. Get help." I have the Emergency Kit for my Wife's username and, once again, her sign in email address, the Secret Key and Master password are correct. She is also signed in on her macbook air and on her iphone and there hasn't been a problem. I know that I can initiate a recovery for her, but it is more of an ordeal to go in and change her sign in for her laptop and her phone. Also, this doesn't foster the confidence in 1password that I keep promoting to her, she considers it more difficult to use than Apple's native password manager in Safari.

I did try deleting tho cookies in the browser, which is firefox, but that didn't change anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zensummer!

Did you by chance change your Sign In Address in the past? This was a feature that was available in 1Password Families accounts at the beginning, so I wonder if you perhaps created your account with a custom Sign In Address, and then changed it to something different.

Specifically, the default Sign In Address is https://my.1password.com. Is this the one you are using?

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

Hello Ag_ana,

I am using the default sign in address for the other family member and guest. I didn't know that it could be changed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zensummer:

Thank you for the confirmation. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

Would that be the account email that I'm having trouble signing on from, or my family administrator account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zensummer:

The one where you are having trouble signing in from, to get things started. Thank you!

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

Hello ag_ana,

Here is my ticket number - [#TBV-79981-493]

Thank you,

Ed

• Thanks @zensummer. We'll be in touch via email soon.

Ben

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

Thank you very much Ben

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member

I'm having a sign in problem.
    I fill in the information on the membership log in page and I do not enter a secret key.
    I have no secret key because your web site states that people who bought a stand alone single user
    membership do not need a secret key.
    I can not log in because your web site keeps asking for the key ?

Any suggestions ?
    This is very frustrating

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

I believe that if you have the stand alone version of 1Password, that means that there is nothing for you to log on for, because all your password information is on your computer, in your 1Password app, not on the web. That is what "stand alone" signifies.

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member

zensummer-
    Thanks, that is logical and surprising.
    I thought that if I could log in, I could change credit card info, which I can't seem seem to do,
    on my stand alone version

• zensummer
    zensummer
    Community Member

DaBurner:
    I believe that signing on to the web interface for your passwords is a completely separate thing than signing in for things like this forum or addressing payment. With the stand alone version, I thought that you pay for the app once and don't pay again until a new version comes out?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DaBurner:

If you don't have a 1Password account (which is paid with a subscription), you don't have any recurring payment, so there is no credit card to update ;)

(And thank you for the help here @zensummer :) )

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member

zensummer-
    You are exactly right, the two items you mention are separate entities. That I understand.
    I paid the $35.00 back last year and my account states I will be charged agin in one years time (?) That I just learned.
    I have now learned that I do in fact have a membership account and that my secret key is the serial number for my 1P version.
    This, despite the fact that the log in instructions say different
    I have now logged in and see all my info.

I fail to see why this has to be so complicated, but I do understand why they do some of this.
    Thanks for stirring some of this up for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DaBurner:

Thank you for the update. If you indeed have a 1Password Membership, I recommend you download your Emergency Kit, which contains your account information, including your Secret Key.

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

ag_ana-
    Thanks for that info, but why do I see this on my account page

This response is from your first reply.

I have since logged in and see my account

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DaBurner:

This shows something different from what you said before:

I have no secret key because your web site states that people who bought a stand alone single user membership do not need a secret key.

But the screenshot shows that you indeed have a Secret Key (you would not have been able to login without one) and that you don't have a standalone license. Indeed, you have a subscription, as your screenshot shows.

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

ag_ana-
    You are just a few replies behind me concerning your 8:32 AM post
    My only concern now is annual charging of my account.
    And my account is called "individual", isn't that stand alone ?

• Hi @DaBurner

What is the concern, exactly? The screenshot you posted looks as I'd expect it to for an individual membership. We offer two billing cycles: monthly, or annually. Monthly billing is available as an alternative to annual but it is a bit more expensive.

What can we help clarify here? Thanks.

Ben

• DaBurner
    DaBurner
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Removed

• @DaBurner

We'd be happy to move the conversation to email if you'd like, but please try to avoid posting personal information in this public forum. You can reach us by email at support+forum@1password.com. When you email in please include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/557448/#Comment_557448

You'll get an auto-response back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can continue the conversation. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.