1password does not automatically fill in passwords

Options
su0229
su0229
Community Member

I am a longtime 1password user. The last few months I tried Dashlane and Keeper (is the grass greener at the neighbors? No!) and after trying and being disappointed in that programs I came back to 1Password. But now, on my Mac, 1password does not fill in automatically in my passwords. I think there's a setting wrong.....
Browser: Firefox 75.0
1Password 7 + Firefox 1 Password add-on 4.7.5.90 (not the X-version)

When I want to open for exemple Amazon nothing happens. I have to press the 1PW button at the top right and then autofill.
Or when I press CMD \, 1Passwords opens and then I also have to press the autofill button. I wasn't used to that. What do I have to do to get autofill working again.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 4.7.5.90
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @su0229

I'm glad to hear 1Password stood up to the competition in your evaluation.

When I want to open for exemple Amazon nothing happens. I have to press the 1PW button at the top right and then autofill.

1Password has never 'automatically' filled just by landing on the page, like some other password managers do. We explained why we don't do that here:

1Password keeps you safe by keeping you in the loop

However, that said, when you press Cmd \ if there is only one matching Login item that item should be filled, without having to click 'autofill'. Are you finding cases where you only have one matching Login item, but are still being presented with the 1Password mini UI and the need to click the button?

Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.