Having issues with 1password autofilling a desktop electron app

matsie
matsie
Community Member

1Password: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.4 (70404001) Mac App Store

I have a desktop electron app I use for work that use my company's Okta single sign on to gain access. I have added the electron app's url (app://com.electron-name-of-desktop-app) to my Okta single sign on's website list, but auto fill does not seem to work. 1Password mini does pop open, but it does not seem to recognize what app/login should be used and I have to search for the log in then copy and paste the password. This doesn't bug me as a workflow, but is there any way to get 1Password to at least pop open to the appropriate login entry for an electron desktop app?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:electron app

Comments

• Hi @matsie

1Password can only fill in web browsers that have the 1Password extension installed on Mac. It cannot fill into 3rd party apps. It may be possible to get mini to suggest the appropriate login, though. I posted about this recently, here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/553758/#Comment_553758

It appears you've already tried what I would've suggested, though, unless perhaps you don't have the correct Bundle ID for the app, or Electron does sometime odd w/r/t/ Bundle IDs?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.