New Popup Window on My Mac

kohls
kohls
Community Member
edited April 2020 in Mac

Whenever I enter the password for 1Password on my Mac, I get this popup window. Is this legitimate, and why am I getting it? I am signed out of 1Password on the web. If I close the window, everything works as usual.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Whenever I enter the password for 1Password on my Mac, I get this popup window:

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@kohls

I removed the screenshot for your privacy. This is a public forum. It looks like an authentication prompt from the server. You are being asked to provided your Master Password to authenticate your client (macOS) to your account.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Thanks for removing the screenshot. Is it safe for me to enter my Master Password into this popup?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

Yes, it looks like our authentication window. I have had them occasionally from time to time after things like changing a Master Password. Based upon what I saw you are safe to enter it.

If you would feel more comfortable, I can always check a diagnostic report to verify your account was requesting the authentication of the device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. kohls
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113157/new-popup-window-on-my-mac#latest

• Please post the Ticket ID you receive from our auto responder "BitBot"

edit: typo

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Well, I have complicated things a bit. Because I posted the screen shot with my secret key without thinking, I signed in to my account and regenerated the key which works fine to sign in on the website, but the old key still appears in Accounts on my Mac and iPhone.

I tried putting the new key into the authentication window and got a message that my email address was incorrect.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

I ran the diagnostics and sent it. Waiting for the Ticket ID.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

Got it: [#JZY-89119-952] 1Password Diagnostics Report

• @kohls

Thanks, I’ll be sending you an email soon.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member

I sent you a new diagnostic report, but I think all is resolved now. I changed the email on the authentication pop-up on my Mac and entered my new key and I also found a page in the 1Password app on my iPhone where I could change the email and enter my new key there also. My Mac, iPhone, and 1Password webpage all have the same account information now. Hope it sticks. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @kohls! I am glad to hear this :)

This discussion has been closed.