New Mac not recognizing purchased 1Password 7. How do I fix?

Options
tiffr
tiffr
Community Member

My old mac was running latest OS - Catalina. Got a new Mac. Transferred everything from old Mac to new Mac via Migration Assistant. Wiped old Mac.

New Mac not recognizing that I already purchased single license. I downloaded the license again and I have a copy of it on my mac, but when I double click to open it, my mac doesn't know how to read the file and 1 password 7 isn't recognizing that I have launched it.

I use 1Password 7 on my phone and iPad too. I depend highly on it and appreciate what it does. Please help me fix this.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Was DropBox, changed to iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:single license new mac transfer 1Password 7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi @tiffr! Welcome to the forum!

Please make sure you download 1Password for Mac from our website instead than from the Mac App Store. If you purchased a license for 1Password 7, you need to use the version from our website.

• tiffr
    tiffr
    Community Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I did - that's how I got the license in the first place. And since I used migration assistant, it should have just copied over what I already had?

If I download from your website again, do I have to uninstall the one on my mac first?

• rudy
    edited May 2020
    Options

@tiffr,

The reason @ag_ana is asking you about App store versus our website is because you've listed your installed 1Password version as 7.4.4, which is an App Store only version. So your license file wouldn't be compatible with it.

You can simply install the website version over what's already installed.

• tiffr
    tiffr
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting... Well, that worked - very simple. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @tiffr!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.