Crash Report 1Password constantly crashing

plindeman
plindeman
Community Member
edited July 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
This morning I updated to latest 3.3 version. Everything seemed ok until I started this afternoon. The app crashed and I can send a crash report to Apple.

Tried to revert to a previous version in my backup but that is also crashing.

When I try to create a new datafile (deleted the old one then the app asks to create a new one or find an existing) the app shows a form where I can check for the icons and to close that form there is only a button called "Upgrade"
When I push that button the app crashes again.

How can I fix this mayor problem?

Thanks,
Peter

Comments

• dteare
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the report Peter, and welcome to the forums!

When you send the crash reports to Apple, we are not notified and Apple does not forward them to us. We will need you to send the crash directly to us so we can see what is happening.

Please find the recent crash reports from your Library > Logs > CrashReporter folder (the file name will be something like 1Password_2010-07-23-161007_Ihro.crash) and email them to support@agile.ws. Please include a link to this forum thread so we can connect the dots.
  • plindeman
    plindeman
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I have sended a crash log to support@agile.ws

Hope you can find something ;-)

Peter
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for following up, Peter. We're a bit behind as it's a new-release day and we always get lots of mail on such days. If we haven't already, though, we'll get back to you just as quickly as possible.
  • plindeman
    plindeman
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I got an email from Agile but that didn't help right a away but I found out that I also couldn't access my date/time preferences on my mac (it also crashed) Then I found out that something strange happened to my date/time format and I resetted it to default in the system preferences. Now I reinstalled 1Password application and now it is working again!
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    plindeman wrote:
    Then I found out that something strange happened to my date/time format and I resetted it to default in the system preferences. Now I reinstalled 1Password application and now it is working again!

Great! Thank you for the update!

We will look at the crash report and see if we can be safer in situations like this but I'm happy to hear the urgency has diminished :)
This discussion has been closed.