Agilebit's labyrinth of 1 Password _?_ options /// web page auto-recognize and autofill not working

JoePreis
JoePreis
Community Member

I hardly know where to start. I got some limited useful guidance from Ben in December, but am still frustrated, because

a.) my 1Password extensions in both Safari and Chrome do NOT recognize and autofill my sign-in information when I go to website's login pages. Autofill generally only works when I double-click a site from inside 1Password or 1Password Mini, or use open and fill.

b.) Your software roadmap is very unclear to me. I'm using 1Password 7, the most useful feature of which is not working for me (described above). You are marketing 1Password X as the latest and greatest. But in December, X didn't support Touch ID, which is very important to me, so moving to that wasn't appealing.

c.) Even if 1Password X now has Touch, converting all of my password data to a Beta version of an alternative version of 1Password, when my existing version is NOT working seems foolish. That would require 1.) confidence in your software that I lost months and months ago, and 2.) confidence that I wouldn't lose data in a conversion, for which I can't find direction on your many websites.

d.) Your webpages are a maze: Product page, Support page, Personal support page, Sales page, etc. I'm logged into support and click what I believe will be a useful link, only to find myself back at support's home page, but not logged in. There's no page that compares 1Password 7 to 1Password X. I can't even tell whether I'm in a support "forum" or on a regular support page. I can find my past exchange with Ben, but not in context.

e.) There are literally dozens of threads in the support forum addressing the same issue - autofill not working - with lots of different answers to the same darn problems, spanning months and months of complaints, and NO solution, as far as I can tell.

It feels to me like no one is in charge of the big picture customer experience. After being a customer for over a decade, I don't believe that it's my job to spend hours to try to make your software work. Please provide some clear guidance as to

1. What versions of 1Password have which features.
  2. Which versions have known bugs.
  3. The costs of each version.
  4. The method that each version uses to store and sync data.

It has been VERY difficult to find straightforward answers to those questions in your published materials.

Without guidance, I believe the safest thing for me to do would be to export all of my data from 1 Password and to start over from a completely new install. However, if I have to do that, my experience would compel me to use a completely different password manager.

I hope that it doesn't come to that.

Thank you, Joe

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Chrome 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1Password account

This discussion has been closed.