Feature request: Related Items

Options
garyhooper
garyhooper
Community Member

I have two feature requests regarding related items:

1. Under RELATED ITEMS, the name of the linked item is listed on line 1, and the icon and name are on line 2. (The name is repeated.) Instead, display the icon and name, followed by the subtitle of the item (similar to how each item is displayed in the main list).
  2. Ability to create Related Item links to another vault. Sample use case is separating business and personal banking accounts into two separate vaults, yet a single banking login is used to access both types of accounts (e.g. TD Canada Trust, Wells Fargo, Capital One (US)). I understand that a given user may not have access to that other vault, in which case an error would be presented.

Further, there is a bug in that if the name is changed after the Link is made, the name displayed under RELATED ITEMS does not reflect the new name.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @garyhooper!

First of all, thank you for your feedback about the related items feature.

Further, there is a bug in that if the name is changed after the Link is made, the name displayed under RELATED ITEMS does not reflect the new name.

Can you please give us a step by step list of instructions to cause this, so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on Mac. Create a link under RELATED ITEMS. Save. Go to the related item. Rename it. Go back. Name has not been updated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@garyhooper:

I followed your instructions and things worked for me here: after renaming the item and going back to the original one, I see the updated name in the Related items section. Are you renaming the item Title or something else?

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member
    Options

Under each Related Item, 2 lines are displayed: the top one has a smaller font; the bottom one has an icon to the left. Upon renaming the linked item, the bottom one is updated; the top one is not. (I also don't understand why the text is repeated; instead it should mimic how the item is displayed in the main list.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@garyhooper:

I see what you are referring to now. That's the item label, which can only be updated manually at the moment, you are right.

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member
    Options

When you see updated manually, can I do so?

• Ben
    Options

Yes, the field is editable. If you enter edit mode on the item (the one that links to the Document) you should be able to change the label to whatever you like. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.