I can't import my local data to a new cloud account

I am trying to import my local 1Password 4 vault to my Dad's family sharing account (John Schaaf's Family). I have created my account but when I follow the instructions on this page: https://support.1password.com/add-account/#add-your-account-to-the-app I get the pop-up to sign in with my username, secret key, and password. I then get a screen that asks me to choose a vault to transfer. I click the drop down and I see "On this PC Frozen, and under that I see 1Password which is grayed out and I can't select anything in the drop down. I can't transfer my local account. Help please.

Thank you, Chris.

1Password Version: 4.62.626 and 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Ver 1909 build 18363.778
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FastRide2! Welcome to the forum!

What format is your old 1Password data? Is it .agilekeychain or .opvault?

• FastRide2
    FastRide2
    Community Member

Hi ma'am. How do I check?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FastRide2:

On your computer, please locate the 1Password data that you are trying to import. Once you have locate it, check the file extension. Does that file end in .agilekeychain or .opformat?

• FastRide2
    FastRide2
    Community Member

I cannot find either. Sorry for late reply I fell asleep as it was really early here.

• FastRide2
    FastRide2
    Community Member

Wait no its .opformat I was looking in the wrong place.

• This is a known issue we're working on fixing up, @FastRide2, apologies for that. Adding an account is supposed to "unfreeze" the whole app, standalone vault data included, but it's not doing that right now and thus preventing you from migrating that data with the automated migration assistant. For now, you can migrate it manually without too much extra fuss. Give this a go:

1. Dismiss the migration window so that you're back to looking at your item list.
    2. Choose 1Password > Import and select Agile Keychain or OPVault folder.
    3. Click "select a folder", navigate to your OPVault folder, select it, then click "select folder".
    4. Enter your vault password (the Master Password you used to unlock this vault) where indicated and choose a vault to import into.
    5. Click "import".

That will bring your data into your account and leave you with some duplicates in All Vaults since you've already opened your standalone vault in 1Password 7. Let's go ahead and deal with those too:

1. Press Ctrl + D.
    2. Hover over the vault under "On this PC" and click ....
    3. Select "Remove vault ..."

That should get you back to a dupe-free environment with all of your data now in just your 1Password account. From there, you can continue with the guide you've been following to get other devices set up. And, of course, let us know if you have any questions along the way. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.