1Password 7.5.2 on iOS endlessly prompts for 2FA

correcthorsebattery
correcthorsebattery
Community Member

After authenticating with my master password, the 2FA sheet is displayed, offering NFC Security Key, Lightning Security Key and Authentication Code.

Selecting Authentication Code does not offer an input screen, selecting NFC Security Key displays the iOS NFC sheet which shows Success after placing my NFC Yubikey near the device. The 2FA sheet is immediately displayed again.

If I select Authentication Code, then Cancel, then Not Now the Authentication Code prompt is displayed. Eventually it will accept a code, but the process starts all over again with the 2FA sheet being displayed.

After 5-6 cycles of choosing Cancel and Not Now, I am returned to the settings menu. However, on my next entry into the app the 2FA loop occurs again.

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.4.1 on iPhone Xs
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• correcthorsebattery
    correcthorsebattery
    Community Member

The authenticator app and a security key are both registered and active in my 1Password account.

• Hi @correcthorsebattery

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Once you're in the app, if you add a new item, does that item sync to 1Password.com and your other devices?

Ben

• correcthorsebattery
    correcthorsebattery
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Hey @Ben,

The newly added item doesn't sync to 1Password.com or the desktop app.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Alex
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@correcthorsebattery:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• correcthorsebattery
    correcthorsebattery
    Community Member

Diagnostics report has been sent! Ticket number is [#EGD-32934-219]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@correcthorsebattery:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EGD-32934-219

This discussion has been closed.