Disable keyboard shortcut in certain apps?

Options
scotty321
scotty321
Community Member

Is there any way to disable the 1Password keyboard shortcut in certain apps?

We have a conflicting keyboard shortcut in one of our apps, but we'd like to keep 1Password's keyboard shortcut as-is. It would be great if we could simply disable the keyboard shortcut from working in a certain app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scotty321!

I don't think this is possible: keyboard shortcuts work on your whole system, so the only way I know to do this would be to change the keyboard shortcut for the second app to something else, so it does not interfere with the one used by 1Password.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @scotty321

I've spoken with development about this, but at the moment we don't have plans to modify the behavior. That said, some of the tips posted here may help:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90388/1password-shortcut-active-in-other-apps-intentional-but-can-be-modified-using-3rd-party-tool/p1

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback about this @scotty321, we will keep it in mind moving forward :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @scottypa, thank you for the additional information! As Ben wrote to you above, we currently don't have any plans to change this, but we can definitely keep your thoughts in mind and we appreciate you taking the time to write these examples. It's great that you are so passionate about 1Password, and I can certainly pass your feedback to the developers in case we will reconsider this in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.