Reporting a site that doesn't register as a login?

BaronKrause
BaronKrause
Community Member
edited May 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Is this the right place to report a site that 1Password does not flag as a login?

I've tried https://www.mobileread.com/ on 2 different machines and both don't trigger the 1Password icon in the login field to remember the password.

I was able to manually create the login but I figured I would report it since I still need to click the 1PasswordX extension icon and tell it to autofill since it isn't showing the icon/popup in the login field.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BaronKrause!

You are in the right place if you want to report things like this :)

For confirmation, is 1Password X filling your data correctly for you in the login form of the website if you click on the browser extension icon? Is the problem just that it does not show you the login automatically when you click on the login fields?

• BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Hello @ag_ana !
    OK, i actually have found issues with 2 sites, and both seem to be based on vbulliten.
    The aforementioned https://www.mobileread.com/ and an old games forums https://forum.neocron-game.com/

I get a different experience depending on the machine.

I have a Windows Machine running Chrome Dev, a Linux Machine running Chromium Dev and a Chromebook running stable channel, all use 1PasswordX Beta 1.20.0 as of now.

For mobileread, both the chromebook and linux chromium machine would not generate the 1password icon/popup in the login boxes, I had actually made it manually before trying the windows machine, which did generate the boxes letting me create the login entry like normal after removing the manually created one. On the chrombook and the linux machine I can still fill the boxes by clicking the browser extension icon and telling it to autofill.

On the game forum it was just the chromebook that it did not show up in the login boxes on, both the linux chromium machine and the windows chrome machine worked as expected. The login on that site doesn't populate the password until you tab or mouse click into the box. On the chromebook when i click the browser icon and tell it to autofill it doesn't enter the password, it only enters the username. Even if you click in the password window and then tell it to autofill again. You need to click the browser icon, copy the password and paste it in manually. I'm assuming sites that have a 2 stage login of some sort only work when the boxes are detected properly?

Thanks again!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @BaronKrause! I appreciate you reporting this to us.

I was able to reproduce both issues you brought up, so I'll go ahead and get the reports passed along to our developers. I'm glad that you're still able to fill your credentials using the 1Password X pop-up on the first site you mentioned. No matter how hard I tried, I wasn't able to get the password to fill on the second site either. I'm hoping our devs will come up with a solution for us there. They'll take a look at the issue I filed and see how we can behave better. In the meantime, copy and paste will have to suffice for the password field (on the second website). I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for now!

ref: dev/core/core#1391
    ref: dev/core/core#1392

This discussion has been closed.