1Password Mini refuses to make suggestions but Chrome extension works like a charm

Ohpinion8ted
Ohpinion8ted
Community Member

This help article describes my problem — 1Password Mini will only tell me to install the Chrome extension. No suggestions or list of logins despite how my preferences are set. Yet, the extension is already installed.

Even more interesting, the extension actually works. It makes suggestions.

This is killing me because the extension doesn't use my fingerprint scanner and requires my rather lengthy, but very secure, master password however Mini does work with the fingerprint scanner, and that's my preference.

I have done everything in that article and there is no change.

Can I please have some help getting this resolved?

Specs:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM)
  • macOS Catalina v10.15.4
  • Chrome Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • no other 1Password software installed (betas, X, etc.)

1Password Version: 7.4.4 (70404001)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS Catalina v10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ohpinion8ted

What you're describing sounds exactly like what I would expect if the 1Password X extension were installed, rather than (or in addition to) the 1Password (desktop app required) extension. I know you mentioned that you don't have 1Password X installed, but the symptoms here aren't lining up with that. Could you please double check in Chrome and be sure the 1Password X extension is not installed there?

If 1Password X is not installed, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113250/1password-mini-refuses-to-make-suggestions-but-chrome-extension-works-like-a-charm
    • Your forum username: Ohpinion8ted

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Ohpinion8ted
    Ohpinion8ted
    Community Member

Okay. So... I triple-checked based on your comment and apparently the 1PasswordX extension was installed as well as the regular one. Sigh! Bad on me. Apologies.

I deleted the extension. I closed Chrome. I completely quit 1Password. I rebooted. I launched Chrome. I launched 1Password.

That's when I noticed the regular 1Password extension wasn't there. Off I go to the extensions and it declared that it was still installed BUT now it needed to be enabled. I can only assume it was disabled when "X" was removed. So, I enabled it.

And then everything worked.

And life was good.

And there was happiness in the land.

And the people rejoiced.

Thank you.

Now, one final suggestion. You may want to talk about the "X" extension in that help article I originally linked.

Again, thank you for your assistance. Mark this resolved.

• Ohpinion8ted
    Ohpinion8ted
    Community Member

Okay. So... I triple-checked based on your comment and apparently the 1PasswordX extension was installed as well as the regular one. Sigh! Bad on me. Apologies.

I deleted the extension. I closed Chrome. I completely quit 1Password. I rebooted. I launched Chrome. I launched 1Password.

That's when I noticed the regular 1Password extension wasn't there. Off I go to the extensions and it declared that it was still installed BUT now it needed to be enabled. I can only assume it was disabled when "X" was removed. So, I enabled it.

And then everything worked.

And life was good.

And there was happiness in the land.

And the people rejoiced.

Thank you.

Now, one final suggestion. You may want to talk about the "X" extension in that help article I originally linked.

Again, thank you for your assistance. Mark this resolved.

• Thanks so much for the update and the suggestion. I'm really glad to hear that is what it was, as I was really scratching my head as to what else could possibly be causing all of the various things you described. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Ohpinion8ted
    Ohpinion8ted
    Community Member

Hey Ben ... apparently, this bug is quite determined and returned shortly after I declared it resolved here on the forum. I waited almost a week to see if it would go away but you know how bugs can be! I've followed your request above for the log and sent you an email with the details.

Reference [#GJR-96751-665]

Thanks for your help with this.

• Thanks @Ohpinion8ted. I'll be replying to your email shortly. :)

Ben

ref: GJR-96751-665

This discussion has been closed.