Why not a "Logins" preferences for 1password?

Options
ltkije
ltkije
Community Member

The menu bar iPassword has "All Items" (too many shown), "Favorites" (too many to select as favorite) and "Suggestions" (rather useless). 95% of my time is accessing web-sites and I have over 270 logins. Let's simply have a "Logins" preferences setting so it could default to my most used format. Also, an alphabetic selector like I have on the 1Password iPad version would be useful.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: newest
OS Version: OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:preferences

Comments

• Ben
    Options

HI @ltkije

Thanks for the suggestions. :) Most folks leave this on the default 'suggestions' option. I'd be interested in hearing why you're finding this to be 'rather useless'?

Thanks.

Ben

• ltkije
    ltkije
    Community Member
    Options

The "Suggestions" seems to show my Credit Cards and Identities only.

• Ben
    Options

@ltkije

'Suggestions' should show the Login items that you have saved for whatever website you're currently viewing, and then any credit card / identity items below that. If you're viewing a website that you have a Login item saved for does suggestions not show that item?

Ben

• ltkije
    ltkije
    Community Member
    Options

You're right. But if for instance, I'm on site A and want to 'go to' site B I hafta select "logins" to find the site within iPassword listing and then select the site to initiate a new tab and login information. Seems inefficient to enter the URL data to bring the site live within the browser, and then select Suggestions to enter the login info. BTW, and older version used to enter the login info and activate the login without selecting the sites 'login' button for entry. Not a big deal really.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @ltkije. It sounds like you're using 1Password as your bookmarks manager. That's fine, but as you can see from this situation there are times where that workflow breaks down. You may want to consider navigating to the site you want to log in to, using either your browser's bookmarks or autocomplete function, and then activating 1Password. For example, when I want to log in here (our support forum)... I type disc into Chrome. It remembers the rest of the URL from the last time I visited, and populates the rest. Once the page loads I hit Cmd+\ to activate 1Password and I'm off to the races.

Just food for thought. Obviously there are pros and cons to either approach, and which is best for you is entirely subjective. :)

Ben

• ltkije
    ltkije
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    Thanks for responding to my questions. I'll do as you suggest. But probably not saving every (over 250 sites) location in bookmarks. And I don't really have those seldom used sites memorized for quick entry but have to Google them - or go to 1Password desktop to search tags when I don't know the correct name - like (Government tag) for "Jeffco Property Schedule" for my once a year taxes. . Not a big deal. Still, a "logins" default preference would be useful. Thanks and you can consider the issue closed.

• Ben
    Options

Understood. We can certainly consider adding that in the future, but if we do that may be a ways off, so I wanted to get you something that may work better for you in the mean time. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.