Edit Full Form for New Entry

When I save as new password, I would like to fill out the full form that I see when I click edit. Most of the time, the username is not right since many websites separate username and password on two different pages or they are different when I just create a new account. And, I am doing twice on the password as I first save it on password screen and then fix them up later in the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Penguinlay ,

I'm not quite sure I fully understand what you're trying to do here, but these might really help you:

These should help you in most cases so give them a try. If you're still having troubles, please write a step-by-step description of what you are trying to do, where you are doing it and what happens when you do it. Write it as if you're writing instructions for me to follow and replicate the issue.

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member

For new login, the popup is like this.

I want it to be like this.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for clarifying.
    In the first screenshot, you are showing 1Password X when saving a new login on a website.
    In the second screenshot, you are showing the 1Password desktop app's mini window when editing an existing login.

These two are quite different, both in the action you are trying to perform and in the app itself. If you want to edit an existing login in 1Password X, simply click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser, select the login you want to edit and click on "Edit". It will open a new tab where you can edit all the details.

When saving a new login you cannot immediately edit all the details - 1Password will first ask you if you want to save that page as a new login, and only after saving it will you be able to edit it.

Here's more information on how to work with 1Password X: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    And in case you don't like 1Password X, you can try and work with our old companion extension, which will also ask you if you want to save the page as a new login first, and only then will allow you to edit like in the second screenshot you showed here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member

I understand. I was just making feature request so that in later version of 1Password X, we could see the full form when saving a new login on a website in the browser.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I see now. Thanks for clarifying @Penguinlay .

I think that actually already exists. You simply need to click on that notification that shows up on the top right corner when you save a new login - it will take you to a page where you can edit that new login immediately. Here's the complete workflow:
    1. Get to a website you want to save in 1Password.
    2. Type in your credentials manually and save it in 1Password.
    3. As soon as you save it in 1Password, a notification will show up on the top right saying that the login was successfully saved. Click on that notification.
    4. A new tab will open where you can see that newly saved login and edit it if necessary.

I hope that will help you for now :chuffed:

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member

Yeah, right now, it helps. But, one big thing I can't do with it is switching vault.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Yes, you can @Penguinlay ;)

When viewing a login's details in a separate tab, click the little share icon underneath the login's name and select Move/Copy. That will allow you to move it to a different vault.

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member

Oh I see. I filled out the form first and then did it, and it cleared the form, so I thought I can't change the vault and fill out the form at the same time like on 1Password Desktop app. I will just change the vault first and then fill out the form then. Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

When you save a new login/form, you can also select the vault right then and there before clicking on the blue "Save" button. That is shown in the first screenshot you posted here.
    But either way even if you save it in the wrong vault you can move it around afterwards :)

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.