The "relaunch" part of "Update and Relaunch" does not work when updating

Options
Thomas_U
Thomas_U
Community Member
edited May 2020 in Mac

Since quite a while – I don't know since which version – the "relaunch" part of "Update and Relaunch" does not work when updating manually starting with the notification.

The updater runs and quits. That's all. I have to start 1P manually after that.

1Password Version: 7.5.1.BETA-0 (70501000)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: 10.15.4 (19E287)
_Sync Type: agilebits

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Thomas_U

Thanks for the report! Can you please confirm there is only one copy of the 1Password app on your system - including in backups?

Ben

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand your question! Even if there are other instances of 1P on other connected partitions and on the Time Machine backup the procedure should work!

• Ben
    Options

Even if there are other instances of 1P on other connected partitions and on the Time Machine backup the procedure should work!

It may not, though, unfortunately. You may be running into the same situation that causes the issues outlined here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113257/update-wants-to-delete-time-machine-backup-app-copies

If you have multiple copies of the app on your system launchd (a system process) may cause the wrong one to be updated and launched, which will cause problems with 1Password. If you do have multiple copies of the 1Password app I've outlined the possible solutions in that thread.

Ben

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

hi Ben,

that thread does not help at all.

IMHO this is a bug in 1P. It should only focus on the boot drive. Earlier versions of 1P were much better in this (and other) regard(s).

Agilebits should fix this!

• Ben
    Options

@Thomas_U

We can't fix launchd as it isn't our program. It is part of macOS. If you'd like to try, using the App Store version of 1Password may have better results in this regard.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.