Browser extensions have stopped working

rb_stern
rb_stern
Community Member

Browser extensions have stopped working and I can't get them to work. My browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Bracve and Safari have all stopped working. They aar all installed, and were working fine up to today. I have tried everything, including deleting then reinstalling the extensions, but whatever I do I get to a screen that has browser icons with "install" under them at top left, and asks me to sign in at top right. Clicking on Install does nothing, and signing in with my email and secret key gets me back to the same screen. How do I get it all working again? BTW it still works fine on Chrome and the various apps on my Android phone.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Subscription - automatic syncing

Comments

• Hi @rb_stern

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting the extensions to connect. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• rb_stern
    rb_stern
    Community Member

Thanks. I will do that. Should I also do the same thing for Brave, Chrome and Firefox?

• rb_stern
    rb_stern
    Community Member

Thanks. That has worked for all browsers.

• Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update @rb_stern. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.