When I initially opened 1Password 7 it said transfer Vault. I did not do so. how do i do it now

Options

I have a new laptop.I used 1Password 4 on my old laptop. I signed up for the family version of 1Password 7. I then went through the process of loading 1Password 7 on my new laptop. I copied the old vault to a memory stick and put it into the new laptop and imported the data. It then opened a window that said "Lets transfer items to your Private - Alan's Family Vault" We will transfer all your items from your chosen vault to your personal vault, converting all your attachments to documents, and your folders to nested tags. Then asked me to choose a vault to transfer. the Remove this vault when done was ticked. it gave me the option to transfer items or I'll transfer later.

As it was getting late and it made no sense to transfer items and then delete the vault. I now understand this is to transfer the items to my 1Password account's vault. My problem is I cannot find a way to do this now. There seems to be no way to get back to that window.

When I click on "All Vaults" there are 3 vaults, 2 under the Alan's family 1 called "Private" and the other called "Shared" and the 3rd one is under on this PC and is called 1Password.

So how do I progress from here?

Thanks

Alan

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows version 7.4.767
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do you transfer the vault

Comments

• Before I make any suggestions, @AlanHamilton, could you tell me a bit more about what's in each of these vaults right now? Normally, I'd suggest that you import that vault directly into your Private vault, but depending on what you've saved/updated since and where, you might be adding some dupes to that vault by just importing everything. Have you continued to save and update in the vault under "On this PC" only? Are there any items beyond the 3 tagged "starter kit" in your family account vaults?

• AlanHamilton
    AlanHamilton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have subsequently found that you cannot go back to the window that opened at the time I was setting up 1Password 7. I had to drag and drop all the items into the Private Vault in 1Password and then manually delete the 1Password vault on the PC. Thanks for your response but we seem to be all sorted and up and running.

Regards

Alan

• Though not terribly helpful now, @AlanHamilton, you actually can get back to that window under the right circumstances. If you haven't added any items to your account it should be as easy as signing out of that account and signing back in. That said, the easier path is often that direct import. You can choose 1Password > Import, choose the Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option, then click "select a folder". You navigate to your standalone vault in Explorer (usually it's on Dropbox), select it, then click "Select folder". Enter your standalone vault's password where requested, choose the vault to import into and voila!

One thing you'd have to do when importing that the migrator takes care of for you is remove that standalone vault. In fact, you may still want to do that. Even though it's empty, 1Password's Master Password is controlled by the first vault or account you added so leaving it there could cause some future confusion if you ever change your Master Password. If you need to remove it, press Ctrl + D, hover over the standalone vault, click ..., then select "Remove vault ..." and you'll be set from there. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.