1Password edge/chrome extension cannot communicate with app due to company policies

noahh
noahh
Community Member

Since recently our company is globally managing Edge/IE policies which seem to have stopped the 1Password Edge (chrome) plugin from communicating with the app:

"Looking for the 1Password helper

The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly."

This issue does not occur in Chrome itself, so i'm fairly confident one of the policy settings below is interfering. Could you please pinpoint me towards which one is the culprit so that I can inform the IT department?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 GM
Sync Type: Default

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @noahh,

We use Native Messaging to establish connection between 1Password companion extension and 1Password 7, so please try to enable NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts and check if it works.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• noahh
    noahh
    Community Member

Hey Greg,

That fixed the issue! The prompt reply is much appreciated, I'll communicate this within my organisation and hopefully they will have a change of heart in feeling the need to control this setting.

If not; I'll just make a script.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @noahh,

I am glad to hear that it worked! :) :+1:

You can also try using 1Password X in Edge. 1Password X works entirely in your browser, so it doesn't need Native Messaging to communicate with 1Password 7.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help.

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.