1Password 7 won't connect to website unless browser window is visible

garcr
garcr
Community Member

Running OS X 10.15.4

If safari is open but minimized, 1Password doesn't open a selected website. If the window is raised (made visible) it works fine.

I just minimized this window, opened 1Password and clicked 'open and fill' for Amazon. Nothing happened. Made the safari window visible and there was no tab for Amazon.
Leaving the window visible, I again clicked open and fill;' for amazon and a new tab appeared, connected to Amazon.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 won't connect to website unless browser window is visible

Comments

• Hey @garcr

Thanks for the report. I'm not sure at this point if this is us or Safari, but I'll see if there is anything we can do on our end to improve it. I noted Chrome also exhibited this behavior... Will bring it up with the team and see if we can figure out what the deal is. :)

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

I'm guessing that 1Password needs to detect an ACTIVE window in order to work; a minimized window is not usually considered as being "active". If you have two windows open and the one you want 1Password to use is BEHIND the second window, does it work then? Usually only the FRONT window is considered active, so it would be an interesting test.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@romad:

I'm guessing that 1Password needs to detect an ACTIVE window in order to work; a minimized window is not usually considered as being "active".

This is my guess too :+1:

• growbot
    growbot
    Community Member

I changed my default browser to FireFox. 1Password works just fine. Even when Firefox isn't running in the background 1Password opens it and does its thing.

It's either the plugin or Safari. I suspect Apple.

• Thanks for letting us know it works as expected in Firefox. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.