in trying to upgrade to 7.5 I'm told to stop 1Password, but it won't stop

Options

Directed to upgrade to 7.5 on current MacOS (May 2020). Text box say to click continue to stop 1Password so the App can upgrade, but 1Password does not stop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:in trying to upgrade to 7.5 I'm told to stop 1Password, but it won't stop

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@neilmaher

I am not immediately sure what screen you're seeing. Offhand it sounds like the Quit 1Password screen with a 'Quit All' button near the bottom. Please click 'Quit All' to proceed forward. If that's not it, can you post a screenshot of the window?

Thank you,

• neilmaher
    neilmaher
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. I get a text box during the App upgrade that says, "Click Continue to quit “1Password 7” and complete the update"...clicking Continue does'nt do what it says. So I opened 1Password and hit "Quit 1Password" and tried to upgrade again an still have the same problem...it appears that 1Password is not quitting even when I use it's software. Force Quit does not find 1Password open and so I can't use that route.

• neilmaher
    neilmaher
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

Hi @neilmaher

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• neilmaher
    neilmaher
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that (#1 & #2) did it. Did not have to resort to trashing App

• ag_tommy
    Options

@nelmaher

Thanks for the update and that screenshot. :)

This discussion has been closed.