Consistency in Random Passphrase between Windows and Android App

Options

The Android app has a well supported option to use random phrases separated by digit and allowing for upper case.
Many websites are requiring a lower and upper case letter, a digit and a character.
It would be nice to be able to use the Windows edition to be able to generate these passphrases without user interaction. I could allow a random passphrase of my-passphrase-password but I have to manually add a digit and have to change a letter to be uppercase.

Lance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• This new version of the password generator actually will make it to all platforms eventually, @Lance Rasmussen, but it has not quite made its way to Windows as yet. If you want, you can use 1Password X on Windows which has a password generator far more similar to Android. This extension lives just in your browser and doesn't integrate directly with the Windows app, so it's a bit of a different experience and does come with some trade-offs like not working with Windows Hello, but it has its advantages too. I'm a huge fan of the inline menu, just to give one example. Anyway, you can learn all about it here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Feel free to give it a go, if you'd like, and of course I'm happy to help with any questions about it as well. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.